Courgette Burgers Recipe
- 250 grams courgette
- 1 onion
- handful of mint
- 2 x crushed garlic cloves
- Self raising flour to mix + ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- lemon juice
- extra salt to drain the courgettes and onions
- Grate or process the courgettes and onions. Sprinkle a good few teaspoons of salt over them and put into a sieve over a bowl. Weight them down and leave to drain for a few hours. (They need to be quite dry or as dry as possible).
- Mix with chopped mint, garlic, pepper and enough self raising flour (with the baking powder) to form a workable mix. Form into rough burger shapes and fry in hot olive oil until nicely risen and brown.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve with salad or a tomato dish.